How did you first get interested in Precure?

Discussion in 'Precure General Discussion' started by CureBlossom, May 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CureBlossom

CureBlossom Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $641
    So how did you? And what was the first series you watched?

In my case I had been interested in magical girl and shoujo anime ever since I started watching Sailor Moon in 2006. I eventually moved on to Mermaid Melody and Shugo Chara, both of which I love; I actually have some Mermaid Melody manga on my bookshelf next to the computer right now. Anyway I had finished Mermaid Melody and was caught up to the Shugo Chara anime & manga, so I began researching on Wikipedia to find something else to satisfy my magical girl fix. :D

Eventually I found a page for the original Futari wa Pretty Cure, which at this point had only ended less than two years before. I decided to try it out to see if I liked it. I wasn't sure at first, but I was beginning to grow fond of Nagisa and Honoka; Nagisa for her comedic lines and her annoyance at only having other girls be interested in her, and Honoka for her nerdy and more feminine qualities that reminded me of myself.

And the rest is history: I blasted through Futari wa, Max Heart, and Splash Star in a span of a few months. I slowed down with Pretty Cure 5 because I couldn't find subs and watched most of it RAW(which is why I plan to rewatch it this year). I was partway through Fresh(also RAW) when Heartcatch started airing, so I decided to watch them at the same time, getting officially caught up to the series shortly thereafter. This is of course when I immediately connected with Tsubomi's character, falling in love with the series all over again and cementing it as one of my favourites. 

#1 CureBlossom, May 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
  2. Cure Samantha

Cure Samantha Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $780
    I remember I was searching for Magical Girl Anime to watch, that my favorite anime genre. I started watching Sailor Moon in 2009 or 2010, and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica in 2012. I can't remember any memories, but it's a long story as well.

I mentioned how I got into Precure that's my friends talks about the "Precure" on Facebook. I started to watching some Futari wa Pretty Cure in 2013. I really enjoyed it, then I decided to watching the all series of Pretty Cure franchise. I immediately decided that I'm very interested in it ^_^ *We Are Pretty Cure*

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Cure Samantha, May 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2017
  3. Cure Anna

Cure Anna New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $55
    My friend suggests for me the precure series, then some I checked it in DeviantArt website kept talking about this series called Pretty Cure and I was like, that sounds great but when I started the HeartCatch first time. Later, Go! Princess was great that's my favorite season then HeartCatch  :)

4. curejuri

curejuri Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $28
    My friend suggested me about "PreCure" and I started watching Yes! Precure 5 and Doki Doki Precure was the great season that my favourites and liked it.I'm very interested in it c:

#4 curejuri, May 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
  5. Szadek

Szadek New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $55
    I was always a huge fan of the magical girl genre and I was always watching at least one show at all times, but I never went all in on it until recently.

Usually I don't like show that are too long, but it really helps that I can watch precure seasons out of order.

I'm very glad that I did since it's now of one my favorite anime, certianly my favorite long running anime.

6. PinkPearlVoice

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $277
    Really happy to see that I'm not the only Mermaid Melody fan here ^^

Anyway, my journey into the Precure franchise didn't start until I had already completed a long line of shoujo and mahou shoujo anime. I'm actually still fairly new to the franchise in that there are many seasons that I haven't gotten to yet. But anyway, the anime that started it all for me was a series called Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live. Before this series I had never seen or even known about shoujo or mahou shoujo anime. I LOVED PRRL. As I would soon find out, anime of this genre have the things that are most important to me: lots of episodes (at least 45), and they focus most on the characters and music. I searched all over the internet and myanimelist to find similar anime to Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live, and I would end finding a few  anime which would become my absolute favorites. Through the course of the next few years I watched all the seasons of many long running shoujo and mahou shoujo anime: Sailor Moon,  Aikatsu, Shugo Chara, Cardcaptor Sakura, Mermaid Melody, Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami, Pripara, and the rest of the pretty rhythm franchise. Out of all these, my absolute favorites were Mermaid Melody and Cardcaptor Sakura. 

I had read a number of forum and message board post topics, to find another mahou shoujo series that could compare with my favorites, and I read a lot of "what are your favorite mahou shoujo" type posts. Many of the replies mentioned a series called "Precure," so of course I was curious. It was so interesting to see that there were so many different seasons. I read a number of comments about the franchise, and it seemed like the most favorited season was Heartcatch, so I went with that one first, and I loved it! I then watched Suite, then Smile, and now I'm half way through the original, Futari Wa. I've enjoyed them all so much. I'm looking forward to watching all the other seasons. 

7. Cure Idol

Cure Idol New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $30
    I always a big fan of the magical girl genre as well, I was looking at anime news network website when I saw an article about the Go! Princess designs being leaked. I came across Precure in Google search, and started Go! Princess. As of June 2016, I was up to date with the franchise finishing HeartCatch and DokiDoki. I haven't finished yet so far.

#7 Cure Idol, May 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2017
  8. CureRuby

CureRuby New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $24
    I love Mermaid Melody and Sailor Moon fans. Well, my friend suggested me and talks about Precure in 2015. I came across HeartCatch Precure the first time and really enjoyed it. I liked the HeartCatch are my favorite. I personally really likes the Pretty Cure franchise as well. So,..... a... long.... story... XD

9. BrendanWh

BrendanWh Root Administrator
    Staff Member Root Administrator Moderator

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $8,550
    I watched Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and some Sailor Moon as well. I love the Magical Girl Anime that's my favorite. I saw on YouTube videos for Smile! Precure first time. I never heard about "Precure" franchise. I decided to watch some precure then I love it, so long story well. ^_^

Edit: I decide to this topic is pinned/featured well :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #9 BrendanWh, May 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017
  10. Cure Custard

Cure Custard Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $258
    Honestly, I can't remember how I get into precure, but I find it from YouTube and I saw some videos related to precure transformation that it's an awesome ^_^ and I love magical girl anime as well. :)

11. Cure Chisaki

Cure Chisaki Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $18
    I love the magical girl genre. I saw it on YouTube videos about the precure transformation. I decide to started watching Futari wa Pretty Cure and really enjoyed as well. I personally liked Yes! Precure 5 and Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! it was an amazing and enjoyed a lot of precure series. Now, I love precure fans.

12. Usagi

Usagi Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $20
    I love Sailor Moon, and Mermaid Melody fan. I personally likes magical girl anime too. Some mentioned about "Pretty Cure" in the general discussion from another forum. I started watching Futari wa/Max Heart in 2009. Now, I really liked Precure franchise. 

13. s_flakes

s_flakes Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $16
    Hmm, I really happy but not much x3. I really love a huge fans of Magical Girl genre. I watched some Madoka Magica and Sailor Moon. In 2011, My friend suggested me the precure series that I says "Oh, I didn't know that" hehe. I came across Precure, did some research into it, and started to watching Futari wa then it was good anime. I was been a very big precure fan ever.  :yellow_heart:

14. Cure Macaron

Cure Macaron New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $66
    I love Mahou Shoujo that I got Sailor Moon and Mermaid Melody <3. I saw my friend posted on Facebook. I came across Pretty Cure, then I started to watching DokiDoki and I really like Precure :)

15. Cure Diamond

Cure Diamond Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $34
    I like feel good magical girl shows very much!!! I love Madoka Magica, Mermaid Melody, and Sailor Moon too. I'm remembering what got me into the Precure franchise, A friend of mine outside these forums told me about the "Fresh Precure" series that I never heard about Precure franchise XD. I started to watching Futari wa and it's was good and Cure White are my favorite cure! I really love Precure so forever  :blue_heart:

#15 Cure Diamond, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
  16. mughen93

mughen93 Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $48
    I had a choice between Pretty Rhythm and Suite Precure one day on a site long gone named Anime Crazy (It's gone btw) but I chose Suite Precure and let me tell you I was happy I chose that one, still one of my faves to this day and hold both series in my heart but yeah.. that's how I got into it and still like precure to this day :)

kira_kira_8_1.jpg

17. Sumire Hikami

Sumire Hikami Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $4
    I love Sailor Moon and Madoka Magica so far. I saw it on YouTube's related videos as the "Top # Magical Girl Transformation" then I decided to some watching Precure in 2011 near 2012 so think. I really like Precure franchise :)

18. Cure Pegasus

Cure Pegasus Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $19
    I'm a sucker for Shoujo Anime ever since Salior Moon[and SM Crystal] I did watch some of FWPC through PC5.I've collected torrents from FWPC To GPPC I'm now collecting MGPC and KKPCAM.

#18 Cure Pegasus, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2017
  19. Cure Momo

Cure Momo Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $21
    When I was 12, I learned about Pretty Cure through this Fresh Pretty Cure quiz I took. I got Cure Peach. A few months later I learned about the Yes! Pretty Cure 5 ending (Ganbalance de Dance) and I got instantly hooked to the song. At age 13, I decided to watch the song's source material. I questioned whether or not I truly loved Pretty Cure after watching the first episode of it. I finally leaned over to "Yes, I do like it" after watching modern day Pretty Cure like Smile and Doki Doki.

To this day, Pretty Cure remains to be one of my most favorite fandoms out there, and I hope it will never ever change.

20. QueenofChocolate

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $126
    I first got introduced to Precure by Anime America's top 10 Anime transformations, then a wee while later, I checked out some of the Precure designs....And I got hooked to them instantly, I then watched Glitter Force.....I found it to be cheesy and a little off..... Then came along Precure Spoof Stars, and Heartcatch Precure Abridged by PSWeasel....And I absolutely loved it!! The humor was well executed, the characters memorable, and the editing was good, especially in Heartcatch. Then I checked out the original Smile Precure, and.....On that note.....Precure became one of my favourite long running anime and magical girl anime today.....