How did you first get interested in Precure?

Discussion in 'Precure General Discussion' started by CureBlossom, May 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CureDad

CureDad New Member
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $69
    The trigger was CGI.
    I used to work on video game development a long time ago.
    Just before 3DCG is introduced, I have the experience of doing research and demonstration of them.I left that work, but I had kept interest in computer graphics animation.
    And one day, I received a message from a friend of those days that the ending CG of "Fresh Pretty Cure" was awesome.
    It was amazingly cute, and I could instantly understand that the work is very difficult.

After that, I was looking forward to the ending CG once every six months.
    I received an explanation by CG expert every time and I was impressed with its technical challenge.
    And they are always splendidly cute.

The highest peak will be Go Princess' s second stage ending CG,
    I believe Miyamoto 's best technique and bold director produces a wonderful work.

2. CureDreamer

CureDreamer New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $69
    I'm a fan of Madoka Magica and Sailor Moon. Ah, I remember the getting into Precure since 2013? so think. I saw some related-videos from YouTube, I checked out some of Precure on Google. I started watching some Precure series that from random orders XD hahaha. For now, I love Precure ever  :hearteye:

- I love Go! Princess are my favorite because it's awesome story!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cure Beauty (Sarah)

Cure Beauty (Sarah) Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $31
    I remember searching through YouTube one day and I came across this thing called smile PreCure. So I watched like the theme and some clips..... And I got my love for magical girl series by watching Madoka Magica and Yuki Yuna.

4. Cure Dream

Cure Dream New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $52
    I learned about Precure through Glitter Force. It's a long story but came across on Wikipedia, watched the first series (I thought it was in order), then finished a lot more over the year and still going. I never thought I would say this but I'm glad I found Glitter Force to lead me to one of the best anime series I ever watched.

5. curewhip

curewhip Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $11
    i remember watching magical girl amvs on youtube and there was precure in one of them which got me interested, first series i watched was smile precure and that's what got me into it

6. Super Party Pretty Cure!

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $47
    The first series I watched was Smile Pretty Cure! My best friend introduced me to the Pretty Cure franchise, and it was love. 
    I love the wonderful, happy feeling the seasons give you, but when things get dark, they manage to pull it off! The heroes are strong, independant role models, and it seems like many people (both children, and adults!) can relate to the characters!
    Every season is fresh and creative, but I like that the plot sometimes follows the same line as the last. The lead role (usually pink) never seems to be overpowered, in that of a "Mary Sue". Smile Pretty Cure is still my favorite to this day :)

7. curepeace

curepeace Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $21
    I just happen to find glitter force on Netflix and ever since than I was hooked.

8. Guest

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $0
    To be honest, I didn't even know what Precure was until I saw Glitter Force. I thought that it was a literal "Netflix Original" at first. But then I found it was Precure and I began looking at the other series'

Next thing you know, I'm in love with the franchise.

I may have heard the words Pretty Cure and Precure once in a while before watching Glitter Force but I don't remember.

9. RMCW

RMCW Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $16
    Boy its been sooo long.  It started during the teen episodes of Splash; I don't remember exactly which.  While visiting one of my parents friends, their daughter was watching it and I found it very interesting.  I asked for the name and she told me Pretty Cure Star Splash.  They used a longer english name which later got shortened to Precure.   I don't speak Japanese but since I was young enough, after a while I kind of understood what they were saying.  I particularly liked their core values: do not give up, always do your best, fight on, stand up for the people you love and no matter how bad the situation is there is almost always a way out.  I owe them quite a lot.  It changed my attitude, made me more confident and raised my grades.

10. Cure Breeze

Cure Breeze Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $7
    I love magical girl anime since 2014, I remember watching Magical Girl Transformation on YouTube. First series i watched was Go! Princess Precure. I really love Precure franchise :3

11. Cure Brooke

Cure Brooke Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $152
    I remember searching through YouTube, that's a Magical Girl Transformations or something on YouTube XD. I love Magical Girl anime and Precure too. :)

12. The Nerd Of OZ

The Nerd Of OZ Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $20
    It all started with Sailor Moon back in the 90's. I've always been a Magical Girl fan. My friends would look at me like I was gay when I said something like "Have you seen Full Moon?" Around 2006 I discovered Pretty Cure and have been a fan ever since.

13. CureTwinkle

CureTwinkle New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $272
    To be honest, I grew up watching Magical girl anime, like Minky Momo, Creamy Mami, Lalabel and Tickle, so I was always watching new mahou shoujo shows.

I was currently going through the newest incarnation of Comet-san at the time when a new show was announced, - Futari wa Pretty Cure!  it looked awesome -like girls who knew how to fight.  Not to mention, I was a sucker for yuri romance, and it was just so easy to see Nagisa and Honoka together, with all the handholding they did. :)

The fights were excellent, and they didn't need any guy to come in and throw a rose to save them!  Nope! From the very beginning they were on their own, and just had to learn to adapt.

I admit, I was a bit let down after season 2 when Splash Star came out and I felt it was a rip off of Futari wa, and then when Pretty Cure 5 came out, I thought it was a rip off of Sailor Moon. (I've since gone through both of them completely, and know it's not true of course) Either way, sadly, I turned my back on Pretty Cure.

Then... Erika happened! A friend brought me the first 5 episodes of Heartcatch and I was hooked again! I devoured Heartcatch fully, Watched Fresh, and then Suite came, and there was no going back. I have found different things to love in every Precure team, although eventually the "Go! Princess Precure" team became the one deepest in my heart. (for now anyways).  

Anyways, I've now seen all of the Cure shows and am a complete Precure Slave... I have traded my soul for Precure Merchandise, and when I die, my sould will become the property of Bibury and Iru.  BLISS! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #33 CureTwinkle, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
  14. curemma

curemma New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $50
    my friend who likes precure was excited about kirakira airing, so i decided to check it out. i liked it a lot so i watched heartcatch next. a few months later and i've seen most of the seasons!

15. Kurumi Erika

Kurumi Erika Cure Marine
    Staff Member Administrator

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $384
    It all started, when I began watching new seasonal anime for 2010 winter and I started watching Heartcatch, however, I started watching it only after 13 episodes have aired. After watching those, I couldn't get enough of it and just watched all the previous seasons, except maybe Y5GG, because it was impossible to get episodes at all, even raw. So it was on my Watching list for quite a while, but other then that I pretty much watched everything by the time Suite came out. And since then It is one of my long running obsessions. Also back at around that time I started to get into Mahou Shoujo in general, so that helped too.

16. Darkrai

Darkrai New Member
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $42
    It started when I first saw Futari wa back in 2004, I instantly became a Precure fan due to I love the magical girl genre a lot.

17. RyTyll97

RyTyll97 Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $17
    My friend suggested me into Precure. The first time I watched the HappinessCharge then Go! Princess that I really enjoyed it.
    I love Precure franchise <3

18. Ezzie-Serris

Ezzie-Serris Registered
    Registered

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $35
    I've always loved the whole magical girl genre the most, starting back when sailor Moon was airing on Cartoon Network (and Power Rangers, Knights of Tir na Nog, etc before that). The formula's always been with me since I was a wee bab. I think it was probably... three or four years ago that I first watched Futari Wa as just a part of my massive anime list. (I dumped Shugo Chara for it, but I promised it I would return. And I will) Naturally, I loved it: the characters, themes... everything. I was hesitant to start Max Heart out of fear that it would ruin everything I loved, so I unfortunately left off there for a few years. I still loved Futari Wa, and even got the GBA game for some giggles (I love that game, by the way. Fun puzzles, cute story.)

Then I got the DS game and found out it was Max Heart. Oh no.

Still hesitant, I didn't play it because I had no idea who Hikari was... and she was on the cover! What else would I not know?!

So I waited. A year or so passed and I decided it was time to man up. Started Max Heart back in August and fell in love all over again. Since then, I've basically been marathoning the series, movies and all. I feel that deep down this is a series that I'll love forever, just like Pokémon and Evangelion.

I look forward to the next eternity of Precure.