Maho Girls Precure! Villain Gets Official Hugging Pillow

Discussion in 'Precure News' started by BrendanWh, Jun 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BrendanWh

BrendanWh Root Administrator
    Staff Member Root Administrator Moderator

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $8,435
    Maho Girls Precure! Villain Gets Official Hugging Pillow

​

maho-girls-precure-villain-gets-official-hugging-pillow.jpg

​

Toei Animation is reaching out to its older female fans for some up and coming merchandise. Namely, a hug pillow cover featuring the Maho Girls Precure! villain Orba. The studious retainer for Deusmast is depicted relaxing on one side of the pillow cover and shown topless in his final form on the other side of the pillow.​

​

If the item itself wasn't a hint, the 8,000 yen (US$73) price point will keep the pillow out of most kids' allowance budgets.

​

​

​

The pillow will go on sale on June 30 at the Pretty Store locations in Tokyo, Osaka, and Fukuoka. Also going on sale the same day is a Pretty Cure Materials Collection compiling over 400 pages of anime materials.​

​

This isn't the first time an anime targeting kids branched out to appeal to its older viewers.The kids' Pretty Rhythm anime franchise released tickets for its KING OF PRISM by PrettyRhythm film showing the male stars in nothing but their birthday suits. Its sequel King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO opted for bathing suits instead.​

Source; http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-06-08/maho-girls-precure-villain-gets-official-hugging-pillow/.117143

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CureBlossom

CureBlossom Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $691
    Oh my...I don't know what to say. But I'm sure some girls are thrilled about this, so I feel happy for them. ^_^

And on a related note it's awesome to see Toei acknowledging the older fans of its franchises. It's good business too, because unlike the children we don't have to ask our parents for the money haha.

3. CureBounce

CureBounce Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $109
    Wow, looks nice!!  :hearteye:  but I don't have any money lmao.

4. CureTwinkle

CureTwinkle New Member

cR:
    0 (0 Banked)
    cR:
    $272
    To be honest...I think they would have sold more if it had been of Akira/Cure Chocolat instead. 

The sales would have been insane. :D

And of course the first 20 would have been bought by Yukari and Ichika..Imagine that as a fanfic, Yukari and Ichika fight over a hugging pillow of Akira, only to have Bibury steal it at the end.

^____^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 CureTwinkle, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017